Halloween Shadowbox - Happy All Hallow's Eve!

Had a push of inspiration from other shadowboxes people had done, especially with coaster ideas. So here is mine.

Black, purple, orange and yellow acrylic. Basswood box, just editing it to be a little thicker so it is sturdier and easier to put together.

30 Likes

Stunning!

2 Likes

I really like the way the contrast of the woods work with the finger joints!
“If you can’t hide it - accentuate it.” :sunglasses:

How many layers is that?

3 Likes

Love the choice of acrylic. This looks great.

1 Like

@bkressley thank you!

@PrintToLaser thanks! I actually really like finger joints, but I know a lot of other people don’t. It really can add to a project if done right. For example, I don’t like a ton of small finger joints, but I do like one long line. This is 4 layers of acrylic and 5 layers of wood of 1/8" boards.

@dklgood thank you very much! I was worried the purple wouldn’t work well and then it did.

3 Likes

This is lovely! I like your notion of long finger joints.

1 Like

Many thanks! I’ve found it makes for a more interesting frame than a bunch of small fingers.

1 Like

Nice job! I’m loving all these shadowboxes—each one is unique and special.

2 Likes

Great Job! I love the layering!

1 Like

Very festive Great piece.

1 Like

@cynd11 @cdoug @dbrine.brine2 thank you!

Nice color choices on the piece

1 Like

Thanks c:

The purple adds to your stunning creation. Pow! Gorgeous!

2 Likes

Here are the other angles, btw. It’s a closed box. I’ll be doing an open version for potential coasters, but the closed box is for full scenes that I don’t want people taking out, haha. What’s nice is that I can fit the sides inside of the separators, that way I use less space per cut.

10 Likes