"Hand Carved" Dragon (3D)

I’ve been trying to achieve a hand-carved look just becasue. This one’s about as close as I’ll get I think.

Thick draftboard, “Deep 3D” engraving (a little adjusted), a greyscale image and lots and lots of photo editing :crazy_face:

114 Likes

Those are stellar results! I especially like that you were able to get them with the draft board!

5 Likes

Fantastic results!

2 Likes

That looks great.

1 Like

Very nice work! I would no put the carved in quoted perhaps Laser carved but carved is not hand carved.

1 Like

Stunning engrave! What was the burn time?

4 Likes

Ohhhhhhh, amazing! Makes me want to reach out and touch it.

4 Likes

Excellent work

3 Likes

Wow!

2 Likes

Very nice! (Try it on Proofgrade cherry HW, you’re going to love the effect! Padauk runs a close second.) :grinning:

5 Likes

Looks awesome! Now my daughter is going to bug me to try it. :wink:

2 Likes

I would definitely vote for paduk with Walnut running a close second, I have been using the Lion from the same source in many different woods, I am putting off doing the Lion in Zebra wood for fear of breaking irony.

7 Likes

This looks pretty dope :ok_hand:t4:

1 Like

Amazing! No tell tell signs of lasering! (usually obvious ‘lines’ across the piece) How long did that run take?

2 Likes

Wow that is fantastic.

2 Likes

Simply stunning!

1 Like

I can’t take my eyes away. This is stunning!

2 Likes

Fantastic!

1 Like

Awesome burnished appearance. How many passes did you take on it and did you use a defocused pass?

1 Like

I plan on giving it a go but I’m guessing it won’t have the same hand carved effect since I can’t go as deep. I did the same engraving on .25 poplar and it came out nice, but it just didn’t have the same soft, buttery feel as the draftboard. HW Cherry (and Alder) is my favorite wood though so definitely will give it a go. I keep seeing how much everyone loves Padauk too so guess I’ll have to break down and finally buy some. :slight_smile:

Poplar (but kinda odd piece that was unusually dark.)

11 Likes