Hand Drawn Design Print Capabilities

My drawings are intricate western flower/vine/leaves designs carved into leather. I know I can emboss and possibly cut, but is there a way to “score”? My experience so far with embossing only leaves a lot to be desired. Also, I find mentions about cutting a hand drawn design, but no specific instructions how to do so.

2 Likes

Converting any of your line drawings into vectors will allow you to score the lines. The Glowforge process of scoring is exactly the same as cutting just with less power.

As for how to convert your drawings into vectors, there are several possible procedures. Here is one thread: Adobe Capture - converts images to vectors with your cell phone camera

4 Likes

Hi Larry,

I apologize for the delay in reply, we aim to respond swiftly and failed to do that here.

Yes! You have the option of scoring material right between engrave and cut in the design space.

You may be referring to our trace feature. Below is an article on how to use that feature.
https://support.glowforge.com/hc/en-us/articles/360034142413-2-Trace-and-Print-a-Sketch

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Best regards,