Handle fell off

I went to use my Glowforge laser cutter today, and when I tried to open the lid the handle fell right off onto the floor! The glue used to attach this metal and plastic handle piece to the safety glass that makes up the lid just let go!

Unfortunately, the lid handle has some wires running to it and now my glowforge thinks the lid is open all the time and won’t do anything. The lid handle has two wires on each side that normally plug into sockets on the end of the LED light bars on the left and right side of the lid. The one on the right unplugged itself when the lid fell, but the one on the left pulled the socket off.

Please advise!

So sorry to hear of your mishap! :frowning: You’ve opened a support ticket by posting here, so someone from the staff should be along soon to advise you on next steps. :slight_smile:

I’m so sorry to hear about your lid handle! I see that you emailed in about this as well and we are working on it there. I am going to close this thread now and follow up with the next steps via email.