Handtool/pointer on dashboard

Just upgraded to new machine, I’ve noticed there is no pointer or hand tool on dashboard, How does one move the bed around w/o handtool now days… seems if I scroll out I can see whole area, if scrolled in I only get certain amounts of work area and not able to move work area left or right…

1 Like

I just checked and i still have those options so it must be specific to you. Can you refresh or open in another browser?

Yes, having been running it the last couple days and have never seen the icon, but previous glowforge had pointer icon…

As a temp solution you can use the space bar. Just press the space bar and it should turn the pointer into a hand for moving the bed around.

2 Likes

That solution works EddieC, thanks for the solution… I was going crazy trying to line things up… lol

1 Like

If you’re on a laptop with a touchpad, two fingers on the touchpad will pan around the bed image the same way the hand tool does with one finger.

1 Like

Hi @customraisedwoodwork. I’m sorry to hear that you ran into some trouble with the Glowforge app. It looks like you were able to get this resolved from help from our fellow Glowforge owners, so I’ll go ahead and close this thread. Feel free to create a new thread, or write us at support@glowforge.com if you run into any further trouble. Thank you!