Happy 3.141592 Day!

Amazing build, thanks for sharing! I really like the cool alignment pegs, necessary for this shaded design.

Well you just revealed that you certainly must not have any gray hair! A classic arcade game, the object of which is to change the color of each cube top in a pyramid by jumping on it, while avoiding the snake (Colly) and other threats. Here’s a video, and you can find several online emulators to play it in your web browser.

10 Likes

Who doesn’t love Qbert -
this is sick!!! love it!!! thank you for sharing

1 Like

Oh that looks like fun! Might have to check it out!
(And yeah, no gray yet…drives my hairdresser nuts.). :wink:

Folks can try it out here:

5 Likes

LOVE this SO much! Oh wow - and @jbv now I’m thinking little acrylic pie stakes with Qbert on them would be the perfect addition!

2 Likes

The moment I saw your pie, the first thing that jumped to my mind was Q-bert.
That pie looks 3D-elicious. Great job.

2 Likes

You have now disillusioned me as regards your perfection.

3 Likes

Probably much more accurate. :smile::wink:

Coincidentally stumbled on this (which is, admittedly, more of a follow-up on MY previous post than the general discussion …):

This is a Kickstarter for a new arcade in Brooklyn that will feature new, independently-created arcade games. There are links to at least a dozen of those.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/markkleeb/wonderville-arcade

1 Like

yeah, they’ve got dave and busters here, but you know, it’s not the same…its FUN, but not the same.

We have this in the office. It’s a lot of fun.

1 Like

How fun!

There is also a home variant (Nintendo Switch, at least) coming out later this year:

Q*bert!!! I actually have the arcade game still!

13 Likes

The funniest is when it’s first powered on it says “Hello, I’m turned on.”

4 Likes

Oh @!#?@! that is an awesome pie!

2 Likes

The guy that created QBert lives in my town. I was on the library board with Mrs. QBert for several years. I’m actually surprised he hasn’t used our library’s Glowforge - he’s super handy.

4 Likes

That’s awesome! Well this would be the perfect opportunity to introduce him to it. I hope you track him down and share this design, maybe he and Mrs Q can make a pie!

1 Like

I remember Qbert. Now I feel old.

2 Likes