Happy Halloween! Ooooooohhhhhhhh!

My Son in law went as The Most Interesting Man in the World and my daughter was a bottle of Dos Equis…lol

19 Likes

Happy Halloween!

37 Likes

Wow, it is like when they make a good book into a movie and cast it perfectly. You look exactly like I imagined. Now I have to wonder about several other of my favorite characters here that I only know by their words.

5 Likes

I have to ask… Which one do you imagine I am?

9 Likes

Let’s see, you are like 6’ 14", man I just don’t know. :grinning:

10 Likes

The window!

4 Likes

How many people checked picture lol

7 Likes

I did :expressionless:

5 Likes

After a while, you absolutely have to show how you went about making that, because I will do my level best to adapt that for the annual Halloween bash one year. (Buddy of mine throws a costume party every year.)

Brilliant!

(and the Dos Equis costume is an awesome idea too!)

Anything Star Wars is beyond cool and those are awesome costumes…I’d guess you’re the little one on the left. :smile:

If you don’t mind my asking…How tall are you Dan? You’ve got to be close to 6’ 5" or 6’ 6"…I’m married to a 6’ 5" fella, and he’s always whacking his head on low hanging door frames. He’s learned not to bounce on his heels as he goes through a door.

10 Likes

My family and I went as the solar system (sort of). They turned out fairly well, but I wish I had had a Glowforge. For instance, cutting out all the scales on my shoulder pads would have been so much easier. And when my son lost the gold laurel wreath for his head, I could have just whipped up a new one in a few minutes.

Can’t wait for next year!

24 Likes

I’m the hairy one on the right…

24 Likes

Adafruit has some tutorials on using el-wire on clothing. There’s a similar project on their site. They also have a thicker “tape” that’s pretty good but the wire is brighter. It works really well in low/no-light conditions.

You can add a variety of control boxes - when I did Joseph’s Dreamcoat, I used a sound sensing controller so the el-wire pulsed to the music.

The trickiest thing is cutting it and terminating the wire correctly but for lots of projects that’s not necessary, you can hide the excess inside the garment. You can also use shrink-wrap slipped over it to create gaps in the light so you’re not limited to fully lit runs.

Customer service from adafruit is really good as well.

12 Likes

Damn! You guys are all so clever! Those are awesome costumes! :smiley:
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

4 Likes

I know you guys have got an AdaFruit thread going, just haven’t been able to get to it…I’ll be looking at it. (And it will be nice to have a few experts by then!) :smile:

4 Likes

Proximity sensor and dancing spectres - Halloween wizardry!

Great costumes everybody! The amplitude of the smiles says it all!
Well done!

Wait till you see what pours out next year @dan
"Sometimes in life there is a thing, there is a before and an after"
After Glowforge the costume game will be raised by a magnitude!

4 Likes

It really is, I’ll buy from them even when I know I can get it cheaper elsewhere because I want to support a company that wants to support me.

4 Likes

Never saw this adafruit…I’ve been messing with elwire for several years actually. I made my daughter’s wedding dress light up too…lol

17 Likes

You keep the family guessing what will materialize next!

4 Likes

Holy cow! Did you MAKE her dress? Un-freaking-believable!
(Is there anything you can’t do?):astonished:

5 Likes

I would bet her family is not surprised by much!

7 Likes