Happy New Year! Jac is back!

Had not heard about that! Making a note to see what it’s all about. Thanks!

3 Likes

If it’s within a couple of mm, possibly best to leave it alone. :slight_smile:

Engrave speed improvements have little practical use, due to the accel/decel at each end. There’s a “break even” point, but most PG engraves use full power already. Fun to play with, though…

2 Likes

Interesting observation! It didn’t start there. First idea had the letters kind of “on top” of the shape-lines, but that didn’t seem to highlight the foundational-shapes enough to my eye. I thought moving the curves inside the circles (basically shrinking the letters) looked cool, but that necessitated bringing the J-bar below the top line. Leaving the A-bar. Ponder-ponder. In the end, I moved the J-bar down, so I figured the A-bar could come down too. Moving it up was a possibility… but then the negative space inside A-enclosure would fall out!
As I’m sure you can see, my hands were tied. :scream:

This is why it takes me forever to do stuff.
My motto should be “Why think about something when you can over-think about it?”

5 Likes

:blush:

2 Likes

Thank you!!

3 Likes

Thanks!!

4 Likes

Presuming you’re talking in the US:
“JAC” is registered a few times already so you’re going to want to do a Word Mark, which specifies how it looks not just the word (an example)
Read this for basic info on how to do it - an attorney can help, but honestly you can do it yourself. You do have to prove you’re already using it, so get it out there :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Welcome back

1 Like

Welcome Back!

1 Like

I am in the process of trademarking my business right now. I seriously considered DIYing it but decided I didn’t have the knowledge or time. I hired a trademark lawyer who focuses on small maker businesses and I’m glad I did. Even though I did some research beforehand and it appeared my application should be rather straightforward, it wasn’t. The PTO office found a business with a similar sounding name in the same product class (but not easily found because, again, I had already looked) and told my lawyer that it would be problematic. My lawyer ended up splitting my application because it covered several product classes and made a written argument (with legal cases) for why they should still accept my trademark application. I didn’t want to do a word mark because that would lock me into that particular logo forever. Like diedrebeth mentioned, you need to show use: both in-state and out-of-state, so get your stuff out there! (Actually, you can file an intent to use but my lawyer didn’t recommend it and I can’t recall why).

Be patient. It takes FOREVER. I think 18-24 months is the norm.

4 Likes

Zowie! Good info, thank you! That was a half joke when I said it, but now I’m intrigued with the process. I’m going to take a look at all this.

Thanks Again!

2 Likes