Happy Thanksgiving 2022

Just wanted to send a quick happy thanksgiving message to all my laser peeps. Hope your day goes well.

24 Likes

Happy Thanksgiving to you too!

9 Likes

Happy Thanksgiving!

7 Likes

Thank you

4 Likes

Thanks.

4 Likes

Have an awesome day!!!

7 Likes

Thanks. You as well.

3 Likes

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. I’m stuffed with turkey and pumpkin pie!

8 Likes

Love you all - you do make my life materially (heh) better. We reveled in the food, and the friends (cousins) and played games, and now I’ve got face work again tomorrow. Sigh.

5 Likes

Looks good! It was just the two of us here. Had our traditional sausage crepes for breakfast, but dinner was a simple chicken over quinoa and salad. No reason to make a big meal for just the two of us, and didn’t want to hassle with a turkey. Love turkey, but I’m over messing with the carcass afterwards (for soup broth, etc). But the crepes - those are a must have every year. Usually for Christmas, birthdays, and other holidays too. Sometimes just because.

But for Christmas this year, I promised hubby I’d make him Æbleskivers. It’s been literally years since I’ve made them.

3 Likes

I love having stock in the freezer, so even when it’s just the two of us I still do it - but pick a smaller bird. This year there were 4 of us so medium bird and a few days worth of leftovers :slight_smile:

Neat - they sound like halfway between pancakes and Yorkshire pudding :smiley:

2 Likes

Mmm…I love Yorkshire pudding. I used to make it a lot, but we haven’t had much red meat lately, and I always made it when I’d make a roast. Need to make it again. I grew up eating it. I think of Aebelskivers as being more of a savory donut hole. :slight_smile: Topped with strawberries, whipped cream… or with gravy. Maybe chipped beef.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.