Happy Thanksgiving! (Take that Discourse...I'm going to use the title again!)

Hope everyone has a wonderful day! :grinning:

36 Likes

You too, Jules!!
:slight_smile:Martha

7 Likes

Same here, hope everyone has a wonderful day.

8 Likes

Thank you, Jules! Wishing the same for you and yours…and extending it out to ALL my wonderful friends on here. :pie::poultry_leg::wine_glass:

8 Likes

Thanksgiving starts now. :turkey:

Got the no-knead bread started and made the sweet potatoes.
Going to start the smoker in a few hours,

10 Likes

I’ll be firing up the Big Green Egg for a high temp fast roasting of the bird (spatchcocked) - no slow baking at 350 like my mom used to do. (Hers was desert dry :slight_smile: )

11 Likes

just got done making our stuffing, bread, onions, celery, mixed nuts, sausage, bacon, apple, hard boiled eggs. :wink: MMMMMMM!

10 Likes

Happy Thanksgiving!

7 Likes

Back at you Jules!
i know I speak for the rest of us when I express thanks that you are part of this community. :purple_heart:

7 Likes

Not really a community at this point…I consider you guys more of a really extended family. :smile:

(And I hate to say this, but we’re having to break tradition and do a pot roast tomorrow. My cooktop is dead. And I can slow-cook the roast.)

So everybody enjoy that dressing for me. :pleading_face:

10 Likes

Happy Thanksgiving or to some Happy Turkey Day.

8 Likes

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!! :turkey:

8 Likes

I’ll add to the Happy Thanksgiving wishes. Have a good one, everyone.

8 Likes

This is the place to say it - Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

8 Likes

Happy Turkey Day everyone! What a great extended family we have here (you’re right Jules)! Thanks everyone for your enthusiasm, support, and willingness to share your knowledge. When I signed up to buy a laser cutter I didn’t know a bunch of friends were going to come with it!

8 Likes

No gas grill? Or Weber charcoal grill? You can cook turkey & everything outside :grinning:

The Egg is getting fired up in a couple of hours - and it’s 17* out there :hushed:

8 Likes

Back at You All . We will be doing Thanksgiving the easy way at a restaurant!

7 Likes

We could have smoked the turkey (damned hard to keep those things lit) but it just ain’t the same without all the side dishes, and for that, I needed the cooktop. Thanksgiving at my place starts with a half dozen sautee’d onions, celery, green pepper (the Trinity) for the various dishes that they go into, couple of sauces (one Bechamel, and one gravy), stuffed baked potatoes, cornbread dressing, succotash, yams, brussels sprouts, cranberry casserole, pies…all of which requires two ovens, the microwave, the slow cooker and the cooktop running pretty much full tilt for two days.

(I’m not complaining mind you…it will be nice to just deal with a pot roast that can slow cook all day. Already in the cooker. :smile:)

7 Likes

On top of the turkey, I always cure and smoke 2 whole salmons for the pescatarians in the crowd (my parents) and with it being 17 here too, the smoker won’t get to temperature, so necessity is the mother of invention! (actually works surprisingly well) I had to bring the smoker inside to get the cover off since it was frozen to the smoker.

10 Likes

Happy Thanksgiving from the beautiful WET Pacific NW!

6 Likes