Happy Thanksgiving! (Take that Discourse...I'm going to use the title again!)

Happy Thanksgiving from Ohio! We did our Turkey in the Big Easy and it turned out perfectly. Did a second one in the roaster oven. (We has about 25 people!). It was fun. Most liked the Cajun Turkey best- so juicy and tender. Now back to lasering soon… any good Black Friday deals on wood?? Lol.

4 Likes

Indeed! This is more like the Oregon I know best. We DO need the rain, though.

5 Likes

Happy Thanksgiving! My husband had to work today … So, we are doing our meal on Saturday.

3 Likes

Clever. That’s one advantage of the Egg, 1" thick ceramic & hundreds of pounds of thermal mass :slightly_smiling_face:

Nice you were able to persevere and get the salmon done. We’re down to 3 turkey eaters. The rest are veg or vegan. Although my wife ping pongs - sausage stuffing is just a-ok by her :smiling_face: She also eats bacon… might be a pattern there.

2 Likes

We had two turkeys, one I deep fried with Cajun rub and one was roasted. A gajillion sides. 19 people in a rental house in Va Beach for turkey day and my uncle’s 80th birthday.

3 Likes

I give thanks for all I have and for all of you and my other family and friends. Please be kind and generous to all around you!

2 Likes

I’m quite thankful for all of you. Cheers good friends. :turkey::plate_with_cutlery::clinking_glasses:

3 Likes

Thanks @jules! Same to you and everybody else on here.

I hope your roast came out great! I did a butterflied turkey breast in the oven plus a deboned thigh in the sous vide. There were only four of us. There was a nice mix of dark and light meat with plenty of leftovers.

1 Like

Made a few items for a couple of parties this weekend…

7 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.