Has anyone been able to reach customer service?

I’ve tried several times in the past week and a half to reach someone. I’ve read several reviews that say it could take three weeks get a reply. The big problem- even when you finally get a reply, it doesn’t answer the question you had and if you reply back then no one answers again!!!
Sincerely,
Concerned Glowforge owner who seriously regrets the purchase and should have read the reviews about how quickly Glowforge becomes a $6,000 paper weight.

Welcome to the forum.
It will not take three weeks to get a response, in my experience. They have just recently switched to no online support through this forum and are dealing with customer service via the phone or email.

Sometimes it is possible to state your issue here in the forum and see if anyone has information that might help you resolve the problem.

1 Like

I can’t get mine to go online now. It was working great…I canceled the premium service and was told it would not effect general printing but ever since…it won’t go back online. Called support numerous times in the last 2 weeks and no one returns my calls…

You should open your own discussion, although it shouldn’t be necessary - there are over 50 existing threads on this issue already.

1 Like

Welcome to the forum.
The premium subscription does not influence your Glowforge’s ability to get online.
Have you tried using your phone as a hot spot to get online? Have you tried resetting your wifi? Have you tried seting up a separate channel on your router for the wifi?

1 Like

It wont. It is likely a case of having to acclimate to your new platform. It is completely up to you to just hash things out with glowforge via email. If you want help here (when there are tons of SMEs here), then I would recommend posting as much information as you can about your issue. We are also just normal people but just willing to help. Things like ‘the machine is a $6000 paper weight’ will not hit the right tone for help here. Cant blame glowforge for closing out supporting this thread directly because so many people (like you in your post) were wanting to use the thread to call a public attention to what actually was a cool unique thing. So now this is the situation. Wait for glowforge to help via email or see if we can help. If you choose for us to help then maybe just change the tone.

Also, I know people that are willing to buy out glowforge users because most often, the issue is the user. So if you are willing to sell your ‘paper weight’ then say so. I can tell you that glowforge makes owning a laser easy. You can trade in for a Thunder and learn how to actually use a laser without the things that glwoforge simplifies. If you want to sell your glowforge, let me know, for real :slight_smile:

1 Like

I love the glowforge…don’t get me wrong. I am just frustrated that I have done everything…reset router, used phone as hot spot, unplugged, downloaded everything again…etc. I am just upset that I am paying for equipment and can’t get any support. I am trying to run a small business and I have been " stuck" for two weeks waiting for a response. I just feel that they should have better support or at least a more timely manner of getting back to their customers to assist them for the price.

I get it. But you realize this is a space where non glowforge staff wants to help as many user as possible. If you want to vent then that is fine, just keep in mind that we are now having to help you vent as opposed to the other posters that are also trying to get use to the new way. Stop using this platform for things other then support. If you want support, let us know what the issue is. You gave a great reply that I am sure will relate to people but just send that to glowforge…you posting it here is not going to glowforge.

So to cut to the chase, what exactly can anyone here say (who do not work for glowforge) that will appease your request. Seriously, you can DM me a script and I am hoppy to copy and paste and get back to help people that actually want to take part of getting their machine running.

1 Like

Quite a number of folk have two glowforges or a Glowforge and another brand so they are not totally unable to move forward. Having a fallback position is a good thing if you have enough business to support it. You might even get a basic at a reduced price because someone will not make the effort to learn what they are doing and will sell you their “desk decoration” at a reduced price.

2 Likes

It doesn’t help to take the sting out, especially comparing the GF to something like a cricut, but do know that GF is priced at the budget end for consumer laser cutters with this many features.

1 Like

Are you using an Apple TV anywhere in your house/network. I had an issue that plagued me for weeks only to discover that my Apple TV was interfering with my GF over my mesh network. I moved the GF to a channel of its own and my issues went almost completely away. The remaining troubles were solved by changing out the mesh network and setting up a TP-Link P2P network with multiple access points.

Also keep in mind that the 2.4 band is incredibly crowded and easily disrupted by phones, microwave ovens, tv’s… just about every electronic device out there.

1 Like

I was about to purchase another glowforge as back up as well, but honestly- I’ve gone through so many machines that I am learning it is not worth it! Looking into other lasers.

If I was a part of the design decisions I would make everything modular so even mechanical improvements would just be replacing modules. The original PCs were that way that you could exchange or add modules at will, and it could have been easier if it had been a main goal. Almost the entire world of manufacturing has gone the other way and at the other extreme, you need a college degree in the relevant area to understand what to do.

2 Likes

They learned that they could make more money sell us new ones instead of letting us do diy repairs and upgrades.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.