Has anyone experienced lid coming off completely so the black strip broke as well

![tempImageai694n|666x500](upload://1td

xjhGJocJvfB7Gi5mJxgAzJOs.jpeg)
Was not aware it was only attached by glue. Very expensive item to come apart.

Use the forum search tool, the magnifying glass up next to your avatar to search for “lid coming off”. There have been other examples, and some who fixed it themselves. You will also need to replace that black lid cable, available from glowforge.

3 Likes

thank you

1 Like

You’re welcome!
Don’t be intimidated by the repair, it’s not really difficult. Reading through those threads will give you an idea of how to proceed. :sunglasses:
I’ve had to replace the lid cable after 5 years, but I’ve not had any issue with the lid. Good Luck!

2 Likes

After you have the lid back (thick ca glue would be my choice) I would double check the connection of the ribbon to the base and make sure it is not the problem.

Come to think of it, it would be a lot easier to install the black cable if the lid were not attached. Just don’t attach the wide part of the ribbon to the plug below till it is solidly attached.
:thinking:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.