Has anyone outsourced manual labor/assembly to other countries?

My business has been growing beyond what I can handle and though I have been hiring local people to help me with manual labor, I need to start producing my things in bigger quantities.
Does anyone have any experience with this that can point me in the right direction with where to start?
I’ve been looking at alibaba but theres no listing that specifies craftsmanship and assembly, and I would also prefer they are able to laser cut it themselves.
Thanks!

4 Likes

I have no knowledge to share. I just wanted to say congratulations on your business success.

10 Likes

Try the chinese embassy? They will have a business development team who could point you in the right direction.

There must be US based industrial scale laser cutters?

I’m from the board gaming world and it seems like chinese manufacture is much cheaper, but incredibly time consuming to setup and also really slows down the delivery time.

4 Likes

Congrats! A great problem to have:-)

2 Likes

depending on what you are making. consider your state’s economic development office. There could be trade/commerce zones that could help you out. and depending on the complexity, there are agencies that do contract work hiring “challenged” workers. bagging parts assembly stuff like that.

there was a company here in Louisville, that was doing that years ago.

heck there might even be development funds available that would enable you to create a subsidiary.

anyway, just figured I’d toss that out. might not stick :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Congrats.

I mean this with nothing but kindness, but “challenged” is not the preferred way to say what you are trying to say. “People with disabilities” is one possible better way to say that.

5 Likes

Ok, sure. I was drawing a blank as to what word to use. thanks!

3 Likes

It can be difficult to navigate. Different communities prefer different wording sometimes, too.
But generally I think saying disabled is preferred to other words overall. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I occasionally do high end jewelry photography (I’m a retired fashion and event photographer). I job out all the retouching to a company in China, who does it for $10 a piece. Every bit worth the cost considering how time consuming retouching can be.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.