Hasp Inlay

Wife came home with a metric ton of tiny D-ring hangers.
They are small (0.61 x 0.42). Tiny screws also but they are just shy of 1/4 inch so not useful unless a board is doubled up.
I have had a few designs with a double board and used these on them, but I mostly use single board designs.
So… Decided to figure a Plan B for mounting them.

I give you the design you did not know you needed. The HASP-INLAY-300-100-VARY-270.
You can notice the post I left to fill the screw hole and give it more stability. Even without glue you have to tug them a little to pop them back out and the thin board designs are usually not very heavy.

Name was a sneaky way for me to remember the settings I used to inlay them flush with the wood.
300 speed – 100 power – vary type – 270 lpi.

No idea if this SVG is useful to anyone, but it worked so well, that it was worth tossing out there.
Now I am eye balling my other hanger types.

Happy Trails.

EDIT The plywoods I am currently using are apparently softer than what I used to make this. The new SVG is 40% grey and goes flush. That 60% was just going too deep on the new wood.
Both are now in this Zip. I would suggest trying the 40% on a sample and if not deep enough use the 60% instead.
The rest of the file name holds. A 3D engrave using 300 spd 100 pwr ‘vary’ and 270 lpi.

Hasp-Inlay.zip (5.4 KB)

22 Likes

Very useful and very nice for you to share!

Clever!

Well done!

Huh! Good idea! :grinning:

Any explanation and file is useful as a technique lesson even if no one else makes them. Keep posting. Thanks.

1 Like

very useful concept! Aren’t there hammer in hasp’s/clasp’s/hinge’s?

I just seem to remember them from cigar boxes (when they were wood).

Nice! I was just wanting something like this!

Disclaimer time.

I tried these on a few other types of ply I have been using.
Use the initial parameters as a starting point (should have said so in origin).
Had to adjust on one, went way too deep. So as always, try first on a scrapper piece.

1 Like

Nice share … yes, something we didn’t even know we needed!

Origin has been edited with these new SVG files. Here is the essence of it.

The plywoods I am currently using are apparently softer than what I used to make this. The new SVG is 40% grey and goes flush. That 60% was just going too deep on the new wood.
Both are now in this Zip. I would suggest trying the 40% on a sample and if not deep enough use the 60% instead.
The rest of the file name holds. A 3D engrave using 300 spd 100 pwr ‘vary’ and 270 lpi.
Hasp-Inlay.zip (5.4 KB)