Haunted Halloween Project

Thanks. I sent a message to them.

Forgot to add - sheā€™s a twin as well. Her sister has gone through cell phones like popcorn just by dropping them and such.

1 Like

I think this house looks great!

re: frosted acrylic, couldnā€™t you just sand some clear acrylic to make it frosted? (or sandblast it if you have that available)

Thatā€™s possible, I guess. I had never used acrylic on the GF or in any other project before. I donā€™t know what the effect would be. Since I had none, I was just looking for the kind the project called for. Kind of like following the recipe exactly the first time to see how it turns out.

Iā€™ve been lasering stencils and sandblasting glass, pretty fun

I watched the Tested Live video on YouTube about this project and the amount of thought and design skills that went into it were amazing. It was really informative about how to develop and prototype a design.

I also loved that Jen put it into a carvable foam pumpkin and it looked amazing! Iā€™m a big fan of Norm from Tested as well and his recent series of videos are awesome, the :glowforge: featuring in several.

Hereā€™s the video link in case anyone is interested:

3 Likes

I finished the house and the pumpkin and set the house inside the pumpkin. Iā€™m happier with the result outside the pumpkin for several reasons - thereā€™s more light to show the details of the house; and people all around the display can see the house, not just those in front of the pumpkin. I tried it in my kitchen window (bay window with a table in it), but the set was too dark to really see anything.

Hereā€™s what it looked like it the pumpkin.

I like it better out in the open.

5 Likes

The haunted house is so cool. I love the different things that this machine is able to do. I am so new into this and really want to learn more.

2 Likes

My son was the cell phone champ. I think he went through 12 in 8

1 Like

Turned out great!

1 Like

That was 12 phones in 8 years

The real question is, did you find a tiny bioexorcist living in it? Beetleguy, Beetleguy, Beetleguy!

1 Like