Having problems recalibrating my GF

I am trying to recalibrate my machine. It gets all the way to calibrating and I get Calibration Fail. I have tried 3 times now.

Need Help Please!!!

I have orders that I need to get out.

Tara

Frequently the calibration fails because the alignment is already acceptable and no changes are needed. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I am trying to do a recalibration. I moved my GF and want to recalibrate it.

Make sure your camera lens is spotless and that your material for the calibration is absolutely flat and oriented on the honeycomb tray as instructed.

Most Glowforges don’t need to be recalibrated even after being moved, or even after being moved on a weekly basis in an RV for months at a time. I suggest you get your orders completed, if possible, and work on the recalibration when you have more time.

2 Likes

Thank you!

I made sure everything was clean, I went ahead and cut a new jig for my orders. SO Far SO good. I would love to take it on the road one day with me.

Hey there @scoobydoo,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I just took a look at the logs form your Glowforge and it looks as though you were able to successfully run the recalibration print. The alignment from your recalibration print and your recent jig print both appear to be spot on. That’s great!

Could you please let me know if you’re still experiencing any problems?

1 Like

Thank you so much for getting back with me. I am keeping my fingers crossed. It running orders now, dont want to jinx it and look at it…lol When I cut the Jig it does look good.

Tara

Hi Morgan,

I tried putting in another request. Yesturday after the recalaibation it worked fine, until I turned it off and back one later. It would not line up for nothing. I put the cordinates in and everything. I had to cut anther jig this morning. I cant cut a jig everytime I turn my machine off. This is very frustrating.

I see you already emailed us about this and we’re working on it there. I am going to close this topic and continue supporting you through e-mail.

1 Like