Hawaiian Koa wood X-mas ornaments

Koa makes a beautiful wood for Christmas ornaments - among other craft projects - and we always make a selection for the tourists who browse our craft markets here in the winter season. We still have a healthy selection of laser-ready Koa blanks available at www.freedformhawaii.com/koa

32 Likes

They look great

2 Likes

Those ornaments are beautiful, especially on Koa. I think I need to see them in person and watch the sun set over the ocean. sigh

5 Likes

Very beautiful. I especially like the Magnificent Frigate Bird.
I’m feeling a bit melancholy because I was planned to be in Honolulu next week but the conference was cancelled.

3 Likes

Great designs and excelent workmanship!

Just curious, is the attachment strong enough with wood? I would have thought the stress would splinter the circle and break off especially if the grain is perpendicular to the anchor point of the leather strap.

2 Likes

One of the nice things about Koa, it tends to be strong enough to handle most projects, while at the same time still able to be cut through consistently. These ornaments are only about 1/8" thick, but we never have problems with the puka (hole).

2 Likes

Love the color variation on those… such a pretty wood!

2 Likes

Ooo wow nice!

2 Likes

I look at my wood all the time I bought. I haven’t had the nerve to cut into it yet…and I’m still not sure what I want to make with it. These are beautiful. I think I might have to look up native flowers and maybe make some earrings…just not sure what else…I’m sure someone will post a project one day and I’ll be like “that’s it!”… :slight_smile: I love looking at the grain in this wood.

2 Likes

Very nice!

1 Like

Those are beautiful!

1 Like

Truly awesome work, very beautiful
:heart:

1 Like

Some beautiful pieces. Love the turtle.

2 Likes

Great job looks great

1 Like