Head is grinding (edited to add: alignment is really off)

I have always manually moved the head under the camera (to prevent the grinding) since it happened. I will start it up without doing so next time and we’ll see if it continues. Have house guests so laser time might not happen again until Monday, and I will try all your suggestions and aim to print a gift of good measure on proofgrade. My last proofgrade print did not cut all the way through on the edge closest to the glowforge back side (where the switch is), but I was able to separate it.

I just had a few minutes so I printed off the GoGM. Here are the screenshots. I printed them at about 11:35AM PDT. One is zoomed in to be close to the rulers and the other is zoomed out so you can see the QR code and the whole scene.

Proofgrade autodetected before I placed the artwork, but I opened the lid a few times to look inside and to try and force refresh the bed image. There was no grinding of the head this time.

Thanks so much for taking the time to run those tests. Unfortunately, it looks like your unit is experiencing an issue that we can’t resolve remotely. I want you to have a reliable unit, so I’m recommending we replace this one. I’ll be in touch via email to sort out the details. I’m so sorry about the bad news.

1 Like