Head not calibrating on new delivery

Alright. I’m up WAY past bedtime. But I couldn’t let this go…
As suspected by all this appears to be a communication issue. I moved the Glowforge into the room with my wireless router. Everything started up as quickly as my last Glowforge always was. I have a frelling Nighthawk router… It’s got the range. Again, this new 'forge is in the same spot his older brother was in. Never a single issue like this. Other devices get a signal well past the room the Glowforge is in.

I’m far too tired to test any more tonight. But, for now, I’m standing by my “there’s something wrong with the wireless NIC in this unit.” But! It engraves beautifully. I think I’m going to compensate for its inadequacy and get a repeater. It’s not needed for anything else, but it seems this Glowforge needs it. So, fine… And, hey… I’ll have wireless all the way to the end of my property line. I dunno. I’ll work with it more tomorrow night.

Thanks all!

12 Likes

You might want to try going into your WiFi router’s configuration and change the channel it’s on before anything else.

It could be that it changed since the last time you’ve had a Glowforge on it, and the new channel is noisier than the previous channel.

If you have an Android phone, try checking the channel signal quality with an app like WiFiAnalyzer when you stand next to your Glowforge table.

7 Likes

So glad you got to the bottom of it!

It’s also possible the problem was transient or local - for example, a microwave oven or cordless phone can completely knock the signal out of an area.

4 Likes