Head Not Found/Bump Error

Now second week straight of not being able to print anything on my glowforge. Work piling up from my Etsy store and I still get the head not found error, sometimes bump error.

I have tried everything in the support site and got it to work onetime but then the next day same problem came back. I bought my glowforge a few weeks ago so I haven’t printed much of anything. I don’t have dirt or smoke build up anywhere yet I have cleaned the machine several times to get it to work.

When I turn on the Glowforge, the laser arm moves down to the middle but the carriage plate fails to move to the center. After several failed movements, I get a message on the screen saying either bump error or head not found.

Haven’t had much help from support so any help from someone that has been through similar situation is very much appreciated.

2 Likes

With the machine turned off and the printhead removed, does the carriage plate move freely left to right? Inspect the wheels and make sure that the carriage plate is properly installed.

1 Like

my gut says the cable isnt plugged in correctly, I agree with @dklgood - turn off machine, and do a mock cleaning of the carriage plate, remove it and make sure it moves freely as well as the gantry moves back and forth with ease…

THIS is a great video how to do it all.

1 Like

With printhead removed, the carriage plate does move freely left to right. I don’t experience any bump when I move it left and right.

1 Like

Thanks for the info @Deleted. I have done a cleaning on the carriage plate and it does move freely when the machine is turned off but when I turn it on, for some reason the glowforge is only able to move the gantry up and down but not the carriage plate.

1 Like

sounds like one of the stepper motors died, or got disconnected, Brandon, or one of the support staff will know a LOT more then me :stuck_out_tongue:
Jonathan

1 Like

Oh no, I’m sorry you’ve hit a snag.

It looks like we’re working with you via email as well.

Once we hear back from you there, we’ll close out this request.

1 Like

Thank you all for your help. Support helped me fix the issue. After pushing in cables on the circuit board, I got it working. Apparently, it was a loose cable somewhere on the board. I’m hoping the problem doesn’t come back. Support team was great.

2 Likes

NAILED IT!!!