Head not moving after Glowforge setup

I received my Glowforge today and set everything up. When I turned it on, the laser tube bubbled, the button turned teal, but the head did not move. I have double-checked that the front door is closed and the ribbon is snapped in correctly. I also checked the ribbon connection in the back right of the machine and still nothing. I have searched the forums for a solution, but I am not seeing one. Any thoughts from the community?

As you can imagine, I am a bit frustrated after waiting so long for it to arrive, and just thinking of needing to repackage, ship, and wait for another month for a replacement is depressing. :frowning:

Have you gone through the WiFi setup process? My first machine didn’t do any homing and centering until I had the WiFi all setup. The teal button indicates you need to connect to WiFi.

http://glowforge-setup.com/setup

4 Likes

As stated, machine won’t do anything until it is connected to the cloud, which requires you to first run through the setup.

3 Likes

You all are winners. I didn’t move onto the next step because the last instructions in setup said the head would move. Yay! It appears that I am up and running :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I’m so sorry to hear that you hit a snag setting us your new Glowforge.

That’s great to hear you got connected! Since this has been resolved, I’m going to close this post.

I also saw you emailed us and I’ve already followed up there. Please let me know by email if there is anything else you need to get to printing.