Head trying to track BEYOND confines of unit

Anyone else had this problem UPON just starting up their forge??? IVE GOT ORDERS TO DO!! Was working fine when I last used it…what the crap??

Sometimes it gets confused. Turn it off, gently position the head to be directly under the lid camera, and start it up again. Should find its place.

3 Likes

Cut any excess light from coming into the machine and remove any material from the bed. Both can cause issues that cause the head to be lost.

2 Likes

Thanks jbv…I initially did turn it off and move the track to the front a few times…I then cleared my browser while at it. I appreciate your reply…I was starting to freak out LOL!

Thanks for reminding me of the light tip…I do have a bright led shop light above my work station…I bet after this issue I wont forget …was worried about losing teeth on my rubber tracks…that vibration was heavy enough to shake things around on my table!

I’m glad you resolved it! Thank you @jbmanning5 and @jbv for your advice. I’m going to close this thread. If you run into any other trouble, please start a new topic, or email us at support@glowforge.com. We’re here to help!

1 Like