Head won’t center

The laser head will not center. It just keeps bumping the right side. What is going on with it???

I’m pretty sure the first thing support will ask is for you to turn the machine off gently move the laser head to the center under the camera and turn it back on, to see if this fixes it.

3 Likes

and if that doesn’t reset it - turn it off again and move the head all the way to the back left and try again

Also, if the :glowforge: logo on the top of your laser head is dirty, wipe it off - and the camera. It’s the combo of those that allows the laser to confirm where the head is

4 Likes

@sldavis810 I’m so sorry you hit a snag. It looks like you’ve been able to print since contacting us. That’s great!

I extracted your logs from the time of your post and it looks like you may have had material in the bed while your machine was calibrating. If this trouble reoccurs, could you please try removing all the material from your printer and let it try calibrating again. Let us know if you are still having trouble and we will follow up with your next steps.

I did get it running!! Thank you!

2 Likes

I’m glad to hear you were able to get back to printing, that’s great! I’m going to close this thread now. If you run into issues again please start a new thread or email us at support@glowforge.com.

Happy Printing!