Headphone holder realized

Remember that headphone holder I designed months ago in anticipation of the Glowforge?

Well, here it is in 1/8 proofgrade. I wish I had some 1/4" as I had to cut about 10 spacers to do this.

I didn’t want this to drag on so I picked up the first wood CA I’ve used and glued it up with that so It was finished in no time. I now realize I should have either engraved or cut a pattern in the lower plate area. I’ll get to ascetics at some point. :smile:

Here she is with the one I cnc’d sometime back

More GF greatness.

56 Likes

Sweeeeeeet! :smile::hedgie::hedgie::hedgie:

(I need to make one of those…I just toss mine over the treadmill arm, and I’m always stomping all over the wires.)

6 Likes

That’s because they aren’t wireless.

4 Likes

Very nice, so professional looking! It looks like it required no finish work at all.

5 Likes

Didn’t! The proofgrade is prefinished.

6 Likes

My question is really…wouldn’t the stegosaurus be chasing down the triceratops ? oh btw love the headphone hangers.

6 Likes

Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal! LOL, fixed it.

6 Likes

Nice! I am loving this project!

1 Like

Hey wait a minute. Did you get a pre release unit? I’m hoping so, but if someone made for you still cool. I made a similar one for my son using pvc pipe. But this design is much nicer.

3 Likes

Yep, he scored a prerelease! That’s his first project after the startup stuff. (Well, the first one he’s shown.)

3 Likes

I see a full scale wing rib on your wall. Are you building an airplane?

6 Likes

aw, man! Headphone holder. That’s item type #156,578 now on my list of “must make that on my GF” ! ahhhhh! :persevere: it looks great. :+1:

6 Likes

Heh, first picture I figured the first one was the original CNCd one and thought “I like that one better then the second one. Looks so nice must be store bought parts.” :smiley:

2 Likes

Yeah, you must have missed my first cut post. Scored one this week. I’m more than a little giddy. :squee:

3 Likes

No, I wish. I have owned several experimental planes through the years and want to build a PPG cart but the rib was just a class project in A&P school.

2 Likes

It’s so great to see that design come to life!

8 Likes