Heart Shaped Puzzle

I made these for my daughters kindergarten class, with each kids name engraved. Hope you have fun, it’s an unlocked PDF so you can modify as you desire in Illustrator, layers are all set. Enjoy!

image|278x500
Heart Puzzle.pdf (362.6 KB)

32 Likes

Oops! Your attachment didn’t attach. That usually happens when you forget to hit Return first to place the attachment on it’s own line.

You can edit your original post by clicking the pencil icon on the lower right side of your post. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Welcome to the forum.

2 Likes

If anyone would like to download (or just view) the file, right-click anywhere in the highlighted area, or what I quoted below, and select “Open Image in New Tab” - the PDF will then download.

4 Likes

A nice way to start your first post here! And a very timely share as well. Thank you! :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Very pretty :slight_smile:

Definitely easier to download if you add that extra return in your original post :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Welcome to the community, and thank you for the puzzle!

Thank you. I think I fixed it?

1 Like

Yup! Thanks :slight_smile:

Welcome and thank you.

Awesome puzzle - thanks for sharing!!

Thank you!!

My first attempt at this puzzle. I chose a smaller font because I wanted shorter engrave time. I definitely think I will need to change that or go with a plainer background.

4 Likes

Did you adhere Cardstock to wood and then print in GF?

1 Like

Yes, I modge podged craft paper to wood and then engraved. I also pressed the paper down with a heat press (as some people suggested) before engraving because there were a few wrinkles. The paper stayed fairly well except for a couple of edges. There are some other methods for adhering I would like to try on my next attempt.

2 Likes

Hi, welcome to the forum!

1 Like

For the past few years, I’ve used Home Depot “store brand” (HDX) spray adhesive to attach photos or printed craft paper to chipboard. Prior to that I used 3m 77.

It works like contact cement, and I immediately lay it between flat sheets with weight on top. I generally use the lid of my GF and a sheet of material, with a small lead-acid battery for weight.

I use chipboard for puzzles. “Medium” draftboard is way too thick and you end up having to mask and deal with the issues that incurs. Store-printed photos can be cut without masking and leaves no soot on the surface that can’t be removed with gentle wipe over with a paper towel.

5 Likes

Thank you very much for the information.

1 Like

Is that safe? I’d worry about the weight of stuff on the lid of my GF. My rule is not to set anything on the lid of my GF. (Though sometimes while working I’ll set a piece of whatever material I’m cutting on top, but only briefly; I never leave it there.) How much weight can be put on the lid? For usability, I want to keep mine clear, but it would be nice to know I don’t have to be as paranoid as I have been.

The batteries are about 20lbs. Never had an issue. My lid is scratched to heck from sanding and finishing projects on it.