Helicopter

I am just a beginner.
I am trying to put a helicopter together.
I can not get through the first step
Have all the parts laid out .
Can not fit The Large Axel to its sides.
What could I try .?
thanks

What material did you use to make the helicopter?

1 Like

Medium Cherry Plywood Thanks

Medium Cherry Plywood
Thanks

Milton

Can you post a picture of what you have - or a link to where you got the design?

I am pretty sure it is the helicopter in the Glowforge catalog.

If it’s

then is it this step?

Can you post a picture of what you have? It’s possible you accidently re-sized part of it…

yes
That is exactly what i have.

IMG_0590
IMG_0591

Yes it is From Glowforge dashboard.
The directions are clear but I just can not get them to fit.

Milton

I have succeeded with medium cherry, but it is an insanely tight fit and I never would have been able to get this done without a mallet and a lot of nerve. It is definitely not a press fit. You may have to sand the holes and/or the tabs.

Also, your photo looks like walnut, not cherry.

2 Likes

I’m sorry for the trouble when trying to assemble this design. Thank you for letting us know which step you ran into a snag with. Did the advice our other community members offered help?

Do you happen to have a set of calipers? If so, would you be able to measure the thickness of the Proofgrade Medium Cherry Plywood with us so we can double-check that there isn’t anything unusual about the thickness of the material you received?

No. Problem not resolved.
I do not have calipers. What is that?
Hope I get some help with this.

Milton

Something like this:

Digital Caliper, Adoric 0-6" Calipers Measuring Tool - Electronic Micrometer Caliper with Large LCD Screen, Auto-Off Feature, Inch and Millimeter Conversion

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B07DFFYCXS/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_F6NH2V5J213XSH7KVMYM

The cheap ones don’t really turn off. I just pull the battery when I’m done. Keep it in its case. But very handy when using woods or other things in the gf that aren’t pg materials.

1 Like

Thanks for your suggestions .I will try .

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.