In an industrial/commercial area, so have to sign for every delivery: this was no different.
Box was in pretty good shape, only had a minor scrunch in one corner and missing two plastic handles. Tape on the bottom edges of the long sides was 90% intact.
The “Get Started” sheet had come untaped and shifted over a little bit… but no loose screws, missing bits, or signs of fluid spillage.
A few minutes later I got the shipped/tracking email. Good thing I was waiting until the very last possible second to figure out my GF cart and run the 18’ of ducting to the blower fan that I hadn’t purchased yet… so off to Costco, Home Depot, Harbor Freight, and Little Shop of Growers. That was wednesday, and I had a deadline to meet, so I waited…
Yesterday I installed my ventilation system. Only made myself bleed four times while installing the rigid ducting. The bright yellow stickers that say “Caution: Sharp Edges” are apparently there for a reason. Who knew?
Mounted a reclaimed butcher-block worksurface to the HF welding cart, and called in some friends to help lift the GF out of the box. It’s smaller and lighter than I remember.
That was last night. I had to leave to pick up the dog from the vet, and get a few hours of sleep before driving my girlfriend to the airport early this morning.
So when I got back from the airport this morning I finally installed the crumb tray & head (less than 1 minute), connected to my network (minute or two?), named it BEAMO! and ran the founder ruler job (6 minutes).
Satisfying first job. Flipped in place and re-ran the engraving on the other side as well… Now I can’t tell which side was done first. Matches up to a steel ruler, all good.
Put the Aztec Sunstone vector line drawing in there, set it to score, and watched it run for 38 minutes. The file was too detailed for the size that I made it, and I knew that going in, but I was curious.
When that job ended I got a Cooling Down message/icon in the GFUI. It took almost an hour and a half to cool itself off in my 79°f shop. Shooting a temp gun into the unit found some areas up to 88.1° (power supply) but most components were within a degree or two of room temp. Guess I’ll be bumping the A/C down a few degrees. Interesting. Glad I have climate control.
It’s actually a good thing that I had to wait, as I realized that I could smell a hint of maple smoke in the front room. Back up into the cave above the drop-ceiling and I realized that in my excitement, I had neglected to seal up the gaps where my round ducting goes through a square hole on it’s way out through the roof.
Now I’m just waiting for the expanding foam to set, so I can test the system. See if I can knock out everything I was planning on doing next week so that I can just turn off the phone and play Lasers.