Help... can't get inkscape to open on MAC

got my GF yesterday, SUPER PUMPED… got the first few designs out of the way then tried to download Inkscape. Im hitting a wall, it keeps getting to a certain point then asks where “Xquartz” is? Anyone have a solution. Im fixing to go by a surface Pro but all i have is my MAC for now

There is no native Inkscape for Mac. You need to install Xquartz to run it. Lots of info on how to do that if you Google “Inkscape Mac Xquartz”.

3 Likes

THANK YOU… I’m not super tech savvy so this is all new to me.

Here’s a link to the Inkscape 1.0 beta which has a Mac version that does not require Xquartz.

https://inkscape.org/release/inkscape-1.0beta1/

7 Likes

I was shopping laptops recently, and had a similar thought.

Take a close look at the dell xps line, much more bang for buck than the surface if you don’t need the table functionality. You pay a really big premium for that one feature, I’ve really liked the XPS15.

2 Likes

That tablet functionality is precisely why I use Surface products! Direct pen input saves so much time for design work - it’s just like having a Cintiq without coughing up the extra cash and carrying another thing around. I haven’t touched a Wacom tablet in years now (and I used them for decades before)

I bought the one for my iPad Pro to do cad, but never use it.

1 Like

i downloaded this and everything works but even giving file access to inkscape this version will not allow to export any files or access download folders etc any workaround for this ??

Thanks for the answers everyone, that’s right. I’m going to close this thread - if the problem reoccurs, go ahead and post a new topic. Thanks for letting us know about this!