Help! Cuts and engraving sketchy

Got set up a few days ago and everything worked great. Made just a few thing messing around and had no issue. Day before yesterday it stopped cutting through anything. And the cuts were intermittent, like one tiny section would not be cut at all. Followed all the cleaning advice, twice. Mad sure lens was in correctly. Tried adjusting settings tho I have only used proof grade anything so far. Tried cutting gift of good measure on draft board and it only seems to be getting worse. Engraving appears sketchy, like it’s missing parts. Now it’s to the point it’s barely making a singe on the masking tape.
It’s super saddening! I was having so much fun and had big plans. I sent an email with pics but have yet to hear back. It’s an expensive thing to have just sitting there :frowning: It also makes me worry about trusting this equipment.

You’ve just opened a duplicate support ticket. If you want them to respond faster, don’t give them tons of duplicates to deal with; it slows things down.

Meanwhile, until this thread gets closed to resolve the duplicate(s), if you would care to post some photos of what’s happening, and elaborate on what was included in “all the cleaning advice” so we can see if there’s anything you might have missed, the community might be able to help out while you’re waiting to hear back from Support.

I wish the path to help was clearer as well. I was told to email and would have response within 24 hours but that didn’t happen. Highly frustrating.

That does appear to be under-powered. If it is a problem with the machine, they will need to do a deeper analysis on your logs, set up whatever they want to do about it, and then they will contact you with instructions. (So yeah, sometimes it takes a little longer.) Hang in there. They will get you squared away, but everything is moving more slowly these days due to the whole virus mess.

(And by the way… I’m in total sympathy with the frustration factor. I just went a “Round” with UPS late last night…everything is slow, everyone is trying to work with skeleton staffing, and whole groups are shut down for the virus.)

If you note the date and time (and timezone) of the GoGM print, they can quickly check the logs to confirm all was well from that side.

1 Like

Unfortunately, it looks like your unit is experiencing an issue that we can’t resolve remotely. I want you to have a reliable unit, so I’m recommending we replace this one. I’ll be in touch via email to sort out the details. I’m so sorry about the bad news.