Help! Glowforge PRINT ERROR

Spent an hour getting my files ready and now they wont print. It suggested I refresh my browser which I did 4 times, and turn off Glowforge which I did 3 times. What am I doing wrong? I don’t want to lose all my hard work!

Never mind. after 25 minutes, it finally decided to work.

2 Likes

There is probably something in your art that needs editing - open nodes, or duplicate lines or something. Most of the time the :glowforge: will throw that error, but sometimes it manages to chew through and get your art loaded.

Probably worth doing a once over on your art to look for possible issues.

2 Likes

Ok. Thank you for that information. I will definitely keep that in mind if it happens again!

AE

I’m so sorry you ran into trouble. Thanks for letting us know about this. I’ve taken a look into this with the team, pulling some logs from the failed prints to investigate. It looks like these prints were failing in an unusual way that I’ve only seen one or two times previously. In these prints, the designs were positioned in such a way that about 10 pixels of space were occupied on the topmost edge of the printable area that did not translate as printable once the print was processed in our software. The team is looking into this on our end to get to the bottom of it, but in the meantime I believe you’ll be able to print these designs just fine by nudging the design position down very slightly from the top edge.

If this occurs again, please try that! And let us know if you still run into any trouble. We’re here to help!

4 Likes