Help - Laser not firing at all

I’m brand new here - cut two projects, first one beginning the gift of measure. fired it up today and the laser isn’t firing AT ALL. Nothing is happening in the tube. I saw a recent posting where the person asked if the power defaulted to 1. I checked mine and it is at 1. Question is if this is my problem and I’m using proofgrade material, how do I go back to the automatic settings? If I can’t go to automatic settings, what is the power supposed to be on each cut, score, engrave?

Thanks,

The Glowforge interface resets to a power 1 as a safety feature. I suspect your machine is just fine. In the interface, select your Proofgrade material and the various cut/score/engrave settings will self populate. After selecting your material, the interface will look something like this picture. When your job is done and you open the lid, the power will reset to 1,
interface

I can see that you’ve also reached out via email and that our support team has contacted you there. To avoid duplicate communication and expedite your process, I’m going to go ahead and close this topic.