Help meeee please

Did the setting change for proof grade materials? I am in the middle of a huge project and all of a sudden my SD and HD setting a burning deeper and leaving burn marks around the letting causing me to have to use sandpaper to make it look clean. I have a deadline does anyone know what’s going on?

Have you cleaned your air assist fan recently?

2 Likes

Hi thank you for your reply!!! I did I just cleaned the entire machine…I have already printed 200 of the same file and all of a sudden its doing crazy deep engraves

Yes the Proofgrade settings changed for a couple of things, but not in the last 6 weeks.

Is it possible you have the wrong proofgrade material settings chosen? The thick materials will engrave crazy deep on medium materials. Or are you using a different material? perhaps something softer than normal?

3 Likes

Are you sure? Did you do this:

The air assist fan is small and hidden, and I think a lot of folks often don’t get to cleaning it.

3 Likes

And make sure you didn’t reinstall your lens upside down after cleaning.

2 Likes

I have done everything double-checked everything…cleaned every piece of the machine with a q-tip and everything is coming out scorched…

I even tried using a different puzzle program because that is where the scorching is happening in the cut and it didnt work

Every time I cut there is a literal fire and all my projects are getting burned

A little flame being shot towards the front of the machine is no big deal. But THAT looks like your air assist fan is not working at all.

3 Likes

So what are my next steps? I cleaned the whole machine this morning…Is this something I can fix?

I would take a video and post it (upload to youtube and link here) just so some of us users can verify what it looks like. But opening a trouble ticket with GF by posting in the problems and support area would probably be the next step. They should be able to look at your logs and verify whether the fan is running as well.

1 Like

Thank you for your help!

1 Like

One thing I didn’t see mentioned was if you are using a new-to-you batch of wood? But that fire is definitely way too much. Might want to check wire connections too, the tiny fan might plug might have loosened?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.