Help My machine will not cut all the way through

I took the fan out and cleaned it very well. I replaced all my 3 lenses and still no luck? all belts are tight, fans are clean.

1 Like

Are you trying to cut PG or nonPG materials?

I have tried with both.

1 Like

Can you share a picture of the Gift of Good Measure printed on proofgrade material using proofgrade settings? Also include the date and time of the print.

3 Likes

There are 3 fans - which one are you talking about, and how do the other 2 look? Also, there are 6 lenses that need to be wiped - which ones are you talking about, and how do the other 3 look?

Thank you for reaching out to us. I’m sorry to hear you’re having some cut through trouble, but happy to help troubleshoot with you.

There are several things that need to be checked if the laser doesn’t cleanly cut through the material. We’ve discovered that photos don’t always come through well in emails, so I’ve included several links that will take you to reference instructions and photos. Please turn off your Glowforge and check the following:

Once all these things have been checked, please perform the following test print.

• Print the Gift of Good Measure on Proofgrade material, using Proofgrade settings.

• When the print finishes, leave the lid closed and wait until the fans stop and the picture updates.

Check the completed print:

• If the Gift of Good Measure fails to cut through, take a photo of the front and back of the print and attach these photos to your reply.
  • If the Gift of Good Measure cuts successfully, please try another print of the design you experienced the issue with, and let us know the results.

Please let us know how it goes. Thank you!

Hi @chassidy.walsted. It’s been a couple days since Morgan’s response, and I wanted to check in to see if you’ve had a chance to run through the steps and requests to help with your Glowforge not cutting all the way through material. Feel free to let us know if you’re still having any trouble, or stuck on any of the steps and we’ll be here to help. Thanks!

Thanks for contacting me. I did work with a Gabe that did some changes to my machine and now its working well again. Thank you

That’s great to hear you were able to get it solved. I’m so glad to hear Gabe was a big help.

I’m going to close this thread. If you run into any other trouble, please start a new topic, or email us at support@glowforge.com. We’re here to help!