Help - New Glowforge Isn't Working

We purchased a new Glowforge a few weeks ago; however, we are struggling to get it to work. We connected to the internet without a problem. I went through the steps to make “my first project”. Everything went well until I pushed the button on the machine, nothing happened. I have tried contacting customer service a few times; email, chat, and I left three messages. I received one response asking me what color the button was, I responded that it didn’t have a color. I haven’t heard a response, that was over a week ago. The tool has become a very large paperweight that I can’t do anything with. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thank you,
Cyndi

When you turn on the Glowforge, what happens? Do fans start, the head moves to the center of the bed, etc., etc. When you get ready to do the Gift of Good Measure and click print what happens on the interface? Does it say processing? If you could share a screenshot of what your interface looks like right before you push the button, maybe someone can help.

2 Likes

If your computer sent the job to the GF correctly, the button should be flashing white. If the button is anything other than flashing white, pushing the button will do nothing. The button could be off (not lit), but if it is lit, it must have a color (white is a color).

If you haven’t made anything yet, did you scroll down and accept? It’s required for the first print…

1 Like

Oh no, I’m sorry to hear about the trouble @cindilittle.

It appears you may not have received my teams response from this past Saturday.

To help us investigate further, does the button ever light up after you send a print from app.glowforge.com?

Next, could you send me a photo of the components of your Glowforge underneath the button? You should see a cable connected to the button, does anything look out of the ordinary?

It runs through the whole process; fan starts, head moves, etc. The interface says “magic time, push the button on your Glowforge to begin”. Then I push the button and nothing happens.

Thank you!
Cyndi

Thanks! The button doesn’t have a light at all. It was blue when I set up the internet, now nothing.
Cyndi

No, I only got the one last Monday or Tuesday, I never received a response after that. The light only came on when I connected to the internet, it hasn’t gone on since then.

Nothing looks out of the ordinary; however, the button is pretty loose. I am not sure if it is supposed to be loose or tight. I attached a photo of the bottom of the button.

Thank you,
Cyndi

From your photo…what is this way down on the bottom?

Screen Shot 2021-11-01 at 8.13.59 PM

That’s the Glowforge website cookie preferences icon floating over the interface.

3 Likes

I realized that after I posted…duh… :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

I’m so sorry for our team’s delayed response and for the ongoing trouble with your new Glowforge. Unfortunately we’ve found that your printer has an issue we can’t resolve remotely, so I recommend that we send you a replacement.

I’ve sent you an email to coordinate next steps, so I’m going to close this thread and we’ll continue to assist you via email.