Help New to Glowforge

Third time using Glowforge and now a popup window says Laser head experienced a bump lift lid and make sure nothing is in the way? All I was trying to do was use the camera to try and trace an outline of a shape that I drew with a black sharpie on a piece of paper so that I could get the design to the draft board and then it to cut out on wood. Did I break the printer. I have turned it off twice and the same message pops up and there in nothing on the tray. I hope someone can help I am so frustrated. I did see an old post that it has now been closed in January.
Thank you any advise is greatly appreciated.

1 Like

Is there any debris to the left or right of the crumb tray? Things can get down there and stop the gantry, giving you that message. You may also need to clean the lid camera and top of the laser head off. Turning the macine off and manually moving the gantry forwards and back and the head left and right to feel if it snags on anything would be good as well. What model of glowforge do you own?

3 Likes

I’m so sorry to hear about the trouble with the printer head bumped message. I extracted the logs from your Glowforge and it looks like there was material on the crumb tray at the time of the alert. Sometimes materials in the bed can create images that cannot be processed correctly, that is likely what happened here.

If this happens again, you can follow our troubleshooting guide at this link: Stuck Calibrating.

I also saw you’ve been printing since making this post. Could you please let us know if you are still experiencing any trouble?

Hi Chelsea

Yes I did what someone told me to shake out the crumb tray and that seemed to work. Beginners leaving curve. Thank you for getting back to me.

Gail

Mail](https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986) for Windows 10

1 Like

Thank you for letting us know that worked for you. That’s great news!

If you run into any more trouble - please start a new thread or reach out at support@glowforge.com. We’ll be happy to take a look.