Help on engraving photo onto gold mirror 3mm

My image is coming out on the reverse side but not on the mirror side,it is engraving the masking tape then when i remove it,the image is not clear,when i turn around to mirror side you cannt make out the image.Is this a setting issue or do i need to do more work in adobe before uploading. Thnak you

1 Like

Hard to say without seeing your results, but it sounds like you need increase power and/or slow down to better remove the mirror backing.

5 Likes

You may need to remove the masking to do the image…the lighter parts usually aren’t engraved deep enough for me when I use masking tape on many products.

5 Likes

There really is no need for masking when you’re working on the back side of something.

3 Likes

… unless the back will be visible.

4 Likes

The back of mirror acrylic isn’t generally presentable …

1 Like

Uh, yeah except in this case it isn’t unless I read that wrong.

1 Like

General advice gets general caveats.

Just looking out for future readers, this stuff is archived indefinitely.

In general you don’t need to mask the rear side of a material unless that rear side may be visible, as in the inside of a lid and various other projects where the back is accessible.

Like say a mirror acrylic edge lit project (not necoessaril nhappening here but maybe).

3 Likes

Thank you all for your replys guys, ive waisted lots of time masking my projects at the back,spending time peeling back the tape on small text. Thanks you,will try the image now without tape.
michelle,Ireland

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 28 days. New replies are no longer allowed.