Help! Stuck Centering, Scanning, Focus

I have been forging along today and get to my last order when disaster happens. First, my design becomes misaligned ruining an item that I will now need to reorder. Then I start getting stuck on focus, centering or at this time, scanning. I’ve had “lid open” issues and other strange notifications. All in the course of a couple of hours. This is the latest message:

" The camera didn’t take a picture

Turn off your Glowforge, open and close the lid, then turn it back on to try again.
If the problem persists, follow these steps to clean and check your Printer’s connections."

I have cleaned all of the lenses, reseated all of the cables, set the head under the camera lens, reset the wifi, cleared my cache, shut everything (computer, laser and wifi) off and left it off for 1/2 hour. I am literally on my last Christmas project! I know that this has happened before, but everytime I find a post, it has been closed by support without a resolution. Can anyone give me some pointers or tell me what your resolution was if you had this same problem?

I have an email into support. My email said to call. I am sure they will not be there tomorrow, but I am going to give it a try.

Thanks in Advance!!

"

When I had similar problems I replaced the black lid cable and the issues were resolved.

There are a LOT of these in last 2 weeks. Yes it gets closed when they say they will contact thru email. You can an email stating that and then nothing. It’s been almost 2 weeks for me. Typically its the black lid cable which I’ve changed multiple times but on mine it didnt fix it this time.

Hi lorrie.henry,

I just sent you an email follow-up with the next steps, so I’m going to close this forum post. Please let us know if you didn’t receive the email.