HELP! stuck on centering/focusing

2 weeks out till Christmas and now is the time my Glowforge decides to stay stuck on scanning. I still have so many orders to fill and I’m at a loss. I’ve tried pretty much everything at this point. I am so incredibly upset. I can’t believe so many people have been dealing with the same issue.

when I try to start a project the head doesn’t move, the last project is still on the screen although nothing is in the tray. any other tips!? I’ve contacted support, but so far nothing.

Here’s a list of things to try while you wait for Support to get here: Stuck Centering/Focusing: How to Troubleshoot for potential Lid Cable issues before contacting Support 😲

Good luck!

1 Like

It doesn’t help you, but keep in mind over 18,000 machines are out there.

Check the items in the link provided above, and report back. That will help Support when they visit this thread.

1 Like

Thank you! we actually came across that list while we were searching for answers earlier and still nothing unfortunately :frowning: This started this morning at 8 AM this morning and have been troubleshooting till now.

Thanks for the reply! I came across that link earlier today while troubleshooting and went through each and everything and still no luck. (This problem happened this morning at 8 AM when I was starting my day lol)

If you want to safe time, list the specific things you’ve tried so Support knows what steps they can skip. You’ll get to a solution faster that way. :blush:

These are all of the things I tried. I think I covered all of the things

-power on, power off.
-reset router 6+ times.
-reset everything (computer, modem, router, and Glowforge) together 6+ times.
-used hotspot
-started with lid open and close after 15 minutes
-checked all 5 connections on camera
-tried with and without crumb tray
-tried with and without proof grade material on crumb tray
-manually centering laser under camera and turned on machine front there
-cleaned everything thoroughly including laser housing
-covered the Glowforge from any glare and turned off the lights even inside of the room to avoid any possible glares.
-checked white ribbon cable

I am having the same trouble today! I have also completed all of the things on the this list you wrote out :sob: Literally standing in front of the machine willing it to work while crying. I wish there was a support number we could call and get immediate help.

I am so sorry this is happening to you too! UGH! I seriously feel helpless, I’ve cried a handful of times today so I’m right with ya girl haha. and So do I. , there should really be a support number or online chat room support where you get to talk to some one directly and immediately and not have to wait until the next day (or in reference to the email I got THREE days) this kills me. Let me know if you figure something out.

Having done tech support I can tell you it takes probably 10 times the staff to do phone support, and none of us could have afforded Glowforges if they had to pay that many people. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

There is a chat function on the support site, though. It’s only visible when someone is available to man (or woman) it, but it’s worth checking there now and then to see if it’s available.

I see you already emailed us about this and we’re working on it there, so I’m going to close this topic.