Help! Why is my machine doing this

My machine has started to engrave in one spot and then cut in another or it won’t complete a cut and misses.

Best guess is that the head bumped into the right side, losing position calibration. Need to power off and on. Might need to reposition objects a little away from the edge.

8 Likes

@morse.06.sam I am sorry your Glowforge printer is engraving in a spot and not printing in others. Can you tell me the date and rough time the prints were completed?

I’d like to have you print the Gift of Good Measure on Proofgrade material. This uses known settings and on known material which will provide me a good baseline on how your Glowforge printer is performing. I’ve included some instructions below.

Could you please do the following?

1. Turn off your Glowforge, then turn it back on

2. We included an extra piece of Proofgrade Draftboard with your materials shipment for troubleshooting. Place Proofgrade Draftboard in the bed and load the Gift of Good Measure design.

3. Print the Gift of Good measure using the default settings. Allow the print to finish.

4. When the print finishes, leave the lid closed and wait until the fans stop and the picture of the bed updates.

5. Check the completed print. If the issue still occurs, please let us know the date and time of the finished print.

Once I have your print results and information I will be able to investigate further.

The second picture was from last night probably around 9 and the first was from a few weeks ago. It just happened again on my last cut. Seems to happen when I have a full sheet run. I do not have any proofgrade draft board left. Can I use another proof grade material that I have?

1 Like

Thank you for getting back to us @morse.06.sam!

Our team is still investigating the trouble you’re experiencing further. In the meantime, you can absolutely print the Gift of Good Measure on another wood or acrylic type of Proofgrade.

Let us know how it goes!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.