Help with a catalog design

I printed this design on the material recommended. When I went to put it together as per instructions, it didn’t fit together. The pieces were so tight the little connectors broke all three times I tried. What do I do now? DO I contact the designer or ??? I Love the ornament but it won’t go together. I don’t know how to post a picture here.
Thanks
Holly

There is a link on every catalog design page to report issues.

4 Likes

Or even the name of the design so we can look it up and try to help?

3 Likes

There is no link on this design

Christmas Tree Ornament Happy New Year

Thanks

This one?

1 Like

Yes

The shop lists 1/4" material, but the photo looks likes 1/8" material to me?

Did you use the Medium or Thick proofgrade?

2 Likes

I used Maple Plywood Proofgrade 1/4’

The “assembled size” even lists it as 0.125" thick. That is 1/8", not 1/4" material. This listing is wrong.

If I were you, I would contact support and let them know they have the listing wrong and request they replace the proofgrade material lost due to their mistake.

6 Likes

Ok I will, but help me understand… if it is the wrong material why would it still not go together. Wouldnt it be worse with 1/8"

I assume the issue is the material is too thick.

The design looks like it is for thinner material. 1/8" should be half the thickness of the 1/4" material.

2 Likes

OK. I don’t see a category for catalog design issues. SOrry to be so needy I am 1 week new. 8-). I have cut tons of stuff no issues until today.
Thank you for your help Bill

1 Like

I submitted a request as you suggested. Thanks

This will hopefully get it fixed and get Glowforge to reimburse you the material.

I measured the notch’s in GFUI, and they look about 0.11", which would mean this design likely only works with light Proofgrade.

If you really wanted to try it with 1/4" you could scale the whole design up, such that the slots are the right width, but I think you’d have to scale it up to nearly 10" across =P

If you’ve got some 1/8" material around, you could scale it up to: 4.921"
and that might make it fit.

Best thing would be to get GF to fix everything up before you try again :wink: but if you really want to make that ornament :wink: we could help you do it.

1 Like

Hi
Thanks for the help. As for scaling it. Not my strength. I am hoping glowforge takes my request seriously. There are three or four of those types of designs. So not sure if they all are the same.
I will post here when they come back with a solution.
Thanks a million. I can try it with light material, but I have tried three times to cut this. Maybe wasted enough material. :sunglasses:

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.