Help with engraving spots missing

Hey guys, hoping to get some help here. I’ve been having a problem with engraving, the lines on my image are all the same size but when I send it to glowforge it doesn’t show parts of the image. I even went back to my image and tried to thicken the lines and it still won’t engrave
Here’s the image, and how it engraves I circled where it won’t engrave

1 Like

that is a very cute image! :grinning: have you tried doing a test engrave on a different material? (i usually test on cheap material like chipboard first to see if everything works as it should.) how many times have you tried to engrave the image? if you’ve engraved a few times, are missing engraves always on the same spots?

Thank you! I have not test on different materials as I only use acrylic but I’ll give it a try on draft board. Yes I’ve done multiple cuts and I even went back and made the line thicker but that didn’t help

1 Like

Double check that you don’t have duplicate lines in those spots - matching duplicates will not engrave at all.

3 Likes

dierdre almost certainly has your answer.

I did I have nothing I even checked all the points

It has engraved though; just not very deeply. Check that your color is consistent through those areas. Run the Gift of Good Measure on Proofgrade with the Proofgrade settings and check that it comes out OK. If it does, your image is the issue. If not, post the photos of the results so that Support can take a look.

2 Likes

I’m with Ben. I have to believe with where the spots are located that this is an image issue, not a GF issue.

1 Like

I’m so sorry to hear your engraves are not coming out as expected

I see that the community has provided some good advice on the next best steps.

If you can post the file I would be happy to take a look.

Also, if you can give me the date and times of the prints?

Hi @g.wendy2724. It’s been a couple days since Davids last response, so I wanted to check in and see the Community was to help resolve this. If not, feel to attach the design file and we’ll be happy to provide any next best steps to help… Thank you!

@g.wendy2724 It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.