Help with hit a bump error

Hey, my glowforge will not center, I keep getting an error message saying I hit a bump. I tried to
Clean everything but I noticed my back wheel is not spinning when the laser head moves back and forward but the other 3 wheels do. Can anyone help me
With this?

1 Like

Take close up photos and post them so support can see what you are talking about specifically is a good first step. If you have a bad wheel they may need to replace it and can tell you how.

If the machine is turned off and you slide the gantry back pushing both ends should make it parallel to that back wall. If it was not then they should know that too.

1 Like

Oh no! I’m sorry you’ve hit a snag.

I’ve extracted the log files from your Glowforge to review your most recent prints, and compared it with the details you’ve provided.

Could you please try the following to see if it resolves the bump issue?

• Turn off your Glowforge (this is important to avoid damage to your unit)
  • Open the lid and, using both hands, gently move the laser arm to the center of the bed
  • Gently move the head under the lid camera
  • Turn your Glowforge back on

Additionally, could you include some photos of the wheel that doesn’t spin?

Hi @zancolbert21, we haven’t heard back from you in a few days so I wanted to check in. and see how things are going. Were you able to try the steps my colleague Jeremy provided?

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.