Help with iPad showing GF not connected (but it is)

We got our Glowforge+ yesterday! Great shipping. We are all set up and have run a few jobs. I added my hubby as an additional user. He got the link through his iPAD and set up his password. But nothing happens when he gets into the app. He gets blank pages when he tries, even though he is signed in. Anyone have any idea what is or isn’t going on?

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum! The Glowforge is a lot of fun!

My old iPad could no longer connect after they made updates to their site. I bought a new iPad, as the old one could no longer be updated to meet new standards.

3 Likes

I’d try logging in through a different source (phones work just fine) to see if it’s an issue with the iPad or the login

1 Like

It appears that it is the iPad. he was able to sign in with his PC. So now we need to figure out why it won’t connect to the iPad. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Mags

Mags Bonham

Really Unique Creations

855 Bolton Valley Access Rd.

Bolton, VT 05676

Mags@MagsBonham.com

www.MagsBonham.com

802-236-7441

Check out my work on Etsy!

‘Friend’ Really Unique Creations on Facebook to keep up with news.

If @ptodd is correct, it could be the iPad’s age - but as this is browser based I’m surprised that’s an issue!
Sadly I’m not an iPad user so my help ends here - there are a bunch of iPad users though - so fingers crossed one of them can walk you through it!

I’m gonna edit your post title so folks who know iPads will know to chime in

OK, maybe that is the problem. Well I have been looking for an excuse to get an iPAD Pro……
Mags

Mags Bonham

Really Unique Creations

855 Bolton Valley Access Rd.

Bolton, VT 05676

Mags@MagsBonham.com

www.MagsBonham.com

802-236-7441

Check out my work on Etsy!

‘Friend’ Really Unique Creations on Facebook to keep up with news.

thanks so much!

2 Likes

I have an old iPad Mini 2, and have no problems accessing the app via Chrome. It’s just a browser page, so have a hard time imagining that the iPad is the issue.

That’s what sold me on an iPad Pro. :slight_smile: Didn’t want to spend the money on one, since I really only used it to read the forum these days. Decided I’d use the Pro when I work in the basement on the Glowforge, and gave my laptop from there a new home.

Beautiful pieces on your Etsy site!

It happened when Glowforge updated their site, and then the iPad couldn’t be updated past the 9.3.5 version.

@mags Interestingly enough, I just signed into the old iPad to change my backup plan, and tried Glowforge. it worked. I had read on the internet, tried all kinds of things over a two week period. Then begrudgingly bought a new Pro. I love the Pro, but, the other was fine. ::sigh::

2 Likes

That could be the issue. I agree that there shouldn’t be an issue if it is internet based. We were using Safari. I’ll try Chrome tomorrow.
Thanks so much!

1 Like

Just checked Safari on my mini 2 as well as an even older iPad Air (12.3.1) — both loaded and ran the gfui w/o issues. :wink:

Thanks for all the help everyone! I’m glad you were able to find a solution and get signed in. I’m going to close this thread now. If you have any other questions or if you run into trouble please start a new thread or email us at support@glowforge.com.

Happy Printing!