Help with outlines

Ok so I want to make this keychain for my BF’s daughter who will be going to Auburn. I would like to cut out in acrylic and and engrave. It is want to cut all the lines and it will then be all separate pieces. I have tried in Inkscape and SB but I just can’t grasp how to do so (or delete manually the lines/areas I don’t want it to cut.

So you want one piece of orange acrylic and three pieces of blue acrylic to inlay?

Try to cut it as a keychain in acrylic. I need the oranges lines to not cut in the places the A covers the U. Then I will engrave the blue. I can get it to outline in SB but then it doesn’t do the middle of the A or the bottom of the a (in white in picture).

If you want to cut these on each color this is the pattern you want.

AU_1
and
AU+2

7 Likes

Right click^^ and “Save as [SVG]”.

4 Likes

I want to cut it as a keychain, once piece. When I put in GF, it wants to cut like bottom picture. I am trying to make one piece and engrave the blue, but “mostly” cut orange. See picture with lines I need delted to hopefully understand.

Its not an svg issue, its a remove “lines” to make cut a one piece. When I put in GF it wants to gut like above second picture. I want to cut SOME of the orange lines then enngrave all blue.

like this?

AU_1

Just cut the red and engrave the blue

6 Likes

Yes! That is Exactly what I couldn’t figure out, was how to remove the pesky ones. I am new, had it about two weeks.

In Inkscape use break apart to make pieces and then combine those pieces that go together. Three commands. Nothing removed.

1 Like

Thank you I will defintely play with it. What others were suggesting was not working at all. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I bought in 7 months before they were available, So I just went into Inkscape and tried out all the commands to see what they did, not looking for a finished result. but when I did have a place to go I knew how to get there.

1 Like

Hello @tinaedlin, thank you for reaching out to us with your design questions. I’m glad to see our community members were able to help you out, thank you everyone!

Since your question has been answered, I’m going to move this thread over to the Everything Else section of the community forum so that you can continue design discussions, as needs be.

If you still need anything else please either start a new thread or email us at support@glowforge.com. We’re happy to help!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.