Help with scanning/centering

My machine has been stuck on centering/scanning, I’ve rebooted, reset my router, cleaned my machine throughly, and turned my machine on and off repeatedly.

Any suggestions?

Have you done a reset on the machine? Outside of turning off and back on I mean.

Yes, I’ve reset my machine by reconnecting it to the wifi, holding down the button until it turns green.

Try working through the suggestions in this thread.

https://community.glowforge.com/t/stuck-centering-focusing-how-to-troubleshoot-for-potential-lid-cable-issues-before-contacting-support/47674/31

1 Like

I’m so sorry you hit a snag.

The issues you’re seeing might be caused by a poor connection with the cables on your lid. Please follow the steps below to check the lid connections:

1. Turn off your unit.

2. Open the lid.

3. Using both hands, gently roll the laser arm to the front of the unit.

4. There are 5 clips pictured below. Check each one to ensure it is closed. The clip should lie flat, and you shouldn’t be able to flip it in any direction.

1. If any of the clips are open, ensure the cable is inserted straight into the clip and close the clip.

2. If any of the cables are misaligned in the clip, take a photo of the clip and cable and send it to me so I can take a look before you proceed. Do not try to adjust or reseat the cable.

3. Close the lid.

4. Turn your unit back on and wait for it to calibrate.

Let me know how it goes!

1 Like

Good morning,

I checked all of the clips pictured below and none of them are out of place or open. I started my glowforge and it’s stuck on “centering” on the my home page. With the lid closed the lights are super bright, like they are when you open the lid.

Not quite sure what to do next?

Amy

Thank you so much for checking these connections. Based on the behavior you are seeing, we’ll need to have the black lid cable on your Glowforge replaced, I see that you’ve emailed us directly. I’ll send over the next steps directly via email, and close this thread.