Help with wood ring

Don’t worry about payment. Some day you will make something really cool and you will be able to send it to me! If you don’t mind, we can keep this topic going in the wild until we need to talk addresses and such. It will be an opportunity for a collaboration with everyone else. There will be lots of opinions on something like this.

16 Likes

Holler if you need additional help!

5 Likes

I certainly will! I feel honored, and am very grateful! Thank you so much!

Like I said earlier, I’m loose on the design, not even sold on the “diamond” shape. I only thought of that to be a little cheeky. The layers would be awesome.

Yes we can keep this open for a little bit. I’m curious what others think.

Oh and I’ll definitely follow up with some pictures. Thank you!

4 Likes

Oh man, I’m so glad I logged in today, haha. I can totally help out with this, if you are still looking for help. Best part is I live in this ol’ Lone Star State, yessir.

A general question I have for ya: is this more of “jokey har har” kind of thing, or does the ring need to last? I have experience with both, just wondering what the overall tone is, haha.

I have a few wooden rings lying around that I can post when I get a chance.

8 Likes

Hi fellow Texan!

Thank you for the support!

Hopefully the ring will last but she probably wouldn’t wear it often, more of a keepsake, but wear it occasionally. I’m not sure if that’s answers your question haha.

3 Likes

I will try to get the ring size tomorrow.

3 Likes

This is so much fun, let us know the outcome.

3 Likes

Just my 2 cents - 2 layers of silver mirrored acrylic to make it look like bling sandwiching some mdf? @marmak3261 - your generosity is amazing! This is fun! Can’t wait to see the outcome!

6 Likes

You just discovered why this community is the absolute best accessory for that new laser!

@marmak3261 helped me get going when I had no idea what I was doing. The friendly atmosphere, the vast experience, and the willingness to help make this place the go-to for anything related to the glowforge. @marmak3261, @cynd11, and @jcarrion just demonstrated what makes this community special. Make sure your future wife joins us!

The idea of your gift is fantastic - she will be thrilled !! Pretty crafty of you to have a special ring made with the laser! :sunglasses:
Congratulations on your soon to be marriage, and Welcome to the community!

10 Likes

Folks I wasn’t able to get the size. Hopefully soon I can sneak it. Thanks for all the support. I love the community already!

4 Likes

Hey man, when I met her, I knew it was close to her Birthday, but I wasn’t sure. I had no choice but to rummage through her purse for the driver’s license. I was quite sure she would catch me pilfering her wallet, and I thought "Dam*it David - don’t you ever forget this. 40 years later, so far so good. 11/6/ 56.

8 Likes

Hi @marmak3261 I got these pictures of the ring. Looks like it is .75 inch wide I hope this helps. Since it is coming up, mind if we take it offline and button up the details?

2 Likes

Just to clarify…they’re already married. It’s for their 10 year anniversary. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Ahh, thanks.

Hey @crd013 , I just checked my jeweler’s ring sizer, and .75" is right at size 8 - or .712.

Listen, it’s the idea that carries weight. If it’s a bit loose or tight - she’s not going to care that much!

2 Likes

Hey everyone! This is the wife here! Thanks SO SO much for being part of this special surprise!!! I am so excited to get started with the glowforge! I was also incredibly touched when my husband shared with me the enthusiasm and support he received from this community! I had heard wonderful things about the community of makers on here and this just proves it all! Again thank you all so much, you guys are awesome!

10 Likes

do we get to see the ring?

3 Likes

Yes! Would love to see the ring!

2 Likes

I guess I’ll write up that post now.

10 Likes

@marmak3261 Did a wonderful job with pictures and typing up the method behind the ring! Here’s the link Walnut Anniversary Ring. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.