Here we go again. Just need to vent

So Got my 1st Glowforge in April, had 2 weeks and through a lid open error. They replaced it with a refurb machine with warranty. Now June, 2 months later, machine ran great. Turned it on last night and bam, Alert Interlock Error. Now nothing… I am so discouraged with this machine, 4k machine and it only works for a total of 2 months an 2 weeks. I have not heard from support. I really love the work this machine does and when it works its great. But I am so careful with the lid, I am careful with the material I am cutting and engraving. Shoot, I just don’t understand. Just need prayers to not be discouraged. So sad, you pay all this money and well. Rant over I going to stain some wood so that I can paint and stencil it, I guess it will be a silhouette day until I hear from Glowforge. Blessings for a great day and weekend GF friends and thanks for letting me vent. I hope to hear from support soon.

1 Like

Sorry to hear about your discouraging experience, particularly since mine has been flawless for years now. It’s not fair! The need to vent is real, pressure relief.
Here’s hoping for a quick resolution, and the satisfaction you deserve.

6 Likes

I was lucky and only had the black cable of death issue one time in a long run. My machine failed about a week ago and it was shocking to me. GF did not provide an instant remedy but they moved quickly enough to sooth my angst. I believe that most people have had similar experiences. But that belief is based only on this forum where the participants are generally happy campers or very angry. I am sorry your experience has been less than robust. Keep the faith. I would ask for the warranty to be further extended by the amount of down time you are experiencing.

4 Likes

I dunno. My machine is 2+ years old and still working great. But. When I got it and inspected it, being an engineer, I decided I didn’t like the way the black cable was routed, and that opening the cover all the way was going to cause abrasion on the back side of the cable. So I resolved to be careful when opening the cover. I have only very rarely opened the cover all the way. I lift it enough it stays where I put it, and then I reach in to remove my print. I never slam the cover all the way open.

I’m betting if people who have repeats of the same issue with the cover’s cable were a little less aggressive in opening the lid, their problems would abate. I’m not saying it’s operator error, the design itself seems a bit sub-optimal IMO. But a change in behavior in recognition of what I’m saying might yield a more positive outcome…

4 Likes

All is well now they sent me my replacement Ive named it 3xACharm

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.