Hey y'all! Checking in

Hey everyone! I wanted to stop in and say hello, my year has been absolutely chaotic. I lost my mom earlier in the year, then I moved into a new house. I thought my Glowie was dead because the movers left it upside down next to a refrigerator that leaked all over the floor and ruined the box. When we got it out, there were bubbles in the tube, which I have seen and it was bad. But, it seems okay, I was able to cut a square out of cardboard. Before that, I had not turned it on in months, and with all the chaos, I do hope to get back to it. After all, gingerbread season has already started and I am behind the curve!

Anyway, wanted to say hey to all the GF peeps I used to know. I hope to get back to keeping up with you all soon!

30 Likes

@ElsieH welcome back. I’m very sorry for your loss.

11 Likes

Hi @ElsieH!
We have missed you!
I’m so sorry for your loss. It is so hard to loose a parent. My thoughts are with you.
Sounds like your glowie does still want to work with you, especially with gingerbread season around the corner. I have fond memories of those!!!

13 Likes

Thank you both… it was a shock and very sudden and I am now an orphan :frowning:

The upside is, my mom bought me this crazy machine, and I truly am hoping it survived the move and will help me create something this year. Probably won’t be up to my standards because I am dealing with a lot at the moment, but I do hope to do something in her memory. I will keep y’all posted!

17 Likes

Hey, Elsie…really glad you made it back. Sorry you’ve been having such a rotten year and hope that it gets better and better from here on out.

12 Likes

Sorry for your loss. Great that you are in a new place and your glowie is still going strong!

11 Likes

I am so happy to hear from you and look forward to seeing your gingerbread creations. Hopefully your Glowforge can be used to occupy your mind as you process major life events. We have missed you.

12 Likes

I too lost a parent, and moved my :glowforge: and now it has bubbles, but as a silver lining, Erichthonius is cutting fine and my Dad definitely lived a fulfilled life so there is more joy than sorrow after his passing.

May her memory be a blessing :heart:

15 Likes

Welcome back. So sorry for your loss. I remember when my mom died (years ago; my dad when I was 11), and realized I was an orphan. Kinda stunned, even though we always, as their children, expect to outlive our parents. It was still hard for me. At any rate, the fact she bought Glowie for you should bring warm memories of her every time you turn it on. Looking forward to seeing what you do.

13 Likes

Welcome back, and lots of hugs. May your memories of your mother be a blessing to you.

9 Likes

Welcome back!
So sorry for your loss.

6 Likes

I’m so sorry for your loss. Losing a parent is very difficult.

Moving is also a challenge. I’m glad your Glowforge survived.

7 Likes

Thanks for all the well wishes everyone! One upside to all this is that my new house has a huge shop for the Glowforge. And also, while it is a really nice house, it has awful peel and stick vinyl house numbers, so if my first project isn’t gingerbread, it’s going to be leveling that up as soon I can get everything unpacked and organized. I’ll definitely have to search the forum for inspiration on that, I seem to remember seeing some very cool projects for that!

8 Likes

Welcome back @ElsieH Indeed the very concept of what one is able to do with gingerbread I have from you.

It is always a stunning feeling when you find you are the oldest generation. I had memories of how stunned my parents were when they were the oldest generation, and when I found myself there at the turn of the century. And now with luck, I will reach the average lifespan next spring, which is also stunning.

Nothing lasts forever. This is good news when the going is rough, but it is also a warning about good times to build and store good memories and savor those for when they are gone, and be there remembering those rather than losing the moment you have focusing on what you don’t have.

4 Likes

Welcome home!
I have missed your projects! You are a phenomenal designer.

8 Likes

@ElsieH PM me

3 Likes

@ElsieH

If you want to talk about your beautiful Mother —I am here for you!

A Child’s Angel
Author Unknown

Once upon a time in Heaven – there was a child ready to be born.
One day the child asked God.

"They tell me you are sending me to earth tomorrow —“How am I going to live there being so small and helpless?”

God said, “Among the many angels, I chose one for you.”
“Your angel will be waiting to take care of you.”

The child said, “Here in Heaven, I sing and smile all day long.”

God said, “Everyday your angel will sing and smile for you.”
“You will feel your angel’s love and be happy.”

The child asked “How am I going to be able to understand when people talk to me?”

God said,“Your angel will tell you the most beautiful and sweet words you will ever hear and with much patience and care, your angel will teach you how to speak.”

The child asked “What am I going to do when I want to talk to you?”

God said, “Your angel will place your hands together and will teach you how to pray.”

The child said, “I have heard on Earth there are bad men. Who will protect me?”

God said, “Your angel will defend you even if it means risking its life.”

The child said, “I will always be sad because I will not see you anymore.”

God said, “Your angel will talk to you about me and will teach you how
to come back to me, even though I will always be next to you.”

At that moment there was much peace in Heaven, but voices from earth
could already be heard, and the child in a hurry asked softly:

“God, if I am about to leave now, please tell me my angel’s name.”

God said, “Your angel’s name is not important - you will simply call her Mommy.”

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.