Hidden Gashes in Proofgrade

Maybe not quite gashes, but definitely substantial scuffs in the surface, hidden behind un-scuffed masking.

I had a sheet of :proofgrade: plywood (medium cherry) with some noticeable scuffs/gouges on it, an inch or more long, throughout the material on one side in a few places. It was only on the actual material, not the masking, so I found out after printing! Unfortunately it was the side I printed on.

I’ve been in the habit of peeling back a corner or two to inspect :proofgrade: for the color and general finish quality of the material (especially for walnut medium plywood for the finish…), but that won’t help finding stuff like this.

I ended up just reluctantly "whatever"ing it and used the pieces in this case, but wanted to say something so support is aware and so everyone knows to look a little more closely at things before printing. I’m not sure how I would have known about this without taking all the masking off first though.

(Sorry I didn’t get a picture before packing it up to send out.)

I’m so sorry!

I’ve passed along your feedback so we can continue to strive toward a consistent Proofgrade experience. If you or any other customer has more valuable feedback, please let us know by opening a new topic or reaching out to support@glowforge.com.